E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Got a new KIndle but forgot my password. Can I change it? It…

Customer Question
Got a new KIndle...

Got a new KIndle but forgot my password. Can I change it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It just came in the mail today. It's a paperwhite.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I do not remember my password ***** there's no trouble shooting to do. I got the device today.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hello and good afternoon.

Don't worry too much as many people often forget their Kindle password. I am here to help you get into your device so that you can begin using it.

Since you do not remember the passcode for your Kindle, you'll need to reset your device, which will remove all of your personal information, including your lock screen passcode and parental controls, Amazon account information, Wi-Fi settings, and downloaded content.

Any content you've purchased from Amazon is automatically saved to the Cloud and can be re-downloaded when you register your Kindle to your account again.

Here are the steps that you need to follow:

(1) Tap the passcode field to bring up the onscreen keyboard.
(2) Type###-##-#### and then tap OK.
To use your Kindle again, you'll need to connect to a wireless network and register your device.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. Please remember to select 3, 4, or 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be compensated for assisting you.

Have a wonderful day.

Hello and good night.
It has been a few days since I responded to your request and as such I am just checking up on you to see if you were able to access your Kindle PaperWhite.
If my answer solved your problem, please remember to provide a positive rating.
I hope that your night/morning will be great.