Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Kindle fire 10 will not charge. the charge wire works on

Customer Question

kindle fire 10 will not charge. the charge wire works on other units but not on this on.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle 10 fire.ce0682. about b2 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: a week or os. my sons unit. tried blowing the port out and use wg 40 on charge part of fire. wiped throughly before tring.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: if you the exact purchase date it can be had by my order history.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
where is power. I held in the start button and a picture came up with a dim picture of a battery.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i can follow instruiction. cost adding up will on fixed income. if necessary I get a new one.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
nothing more???
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not happy with this system.. cancel payment. confirm
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please confirm requested payment canceled. no satisfaction on answer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I'm not asking you to pay more.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish. For this to be productive, please focus on the chat here instead, and again sending only single messages and allowing time to respond. You have paid the full agreed upon chat fees already, which I have no ability to cancel or refund.

The power button is the one on the bottom edge which is used to turn it on and off.

Again, please make sure you complete the full 20+ second reboot process, a minimum of 5 times, before we proceed further.

Thanks,