E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle fire will no longer take a charge, Amazon Kindle…

Customer Question
My kindle fire will...

My kindle fire will no longer take a charge

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Amazon Kindle Fire that is probably 4 or 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The last couple of days I wanted to buy a book, the charge was low so I connected it to the USB and tried to charge it. I kept getting a message that the charger was slow and if I didn't use the Kindle while it was charging, it would charge a lot faster. So I left it alone for 24 hours and still got the same message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.