E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

All of the sudden, my kindle started skipping pages, I use…

Customer Question
All of the sudden...

All of the sudden, my kindle started skipping pages

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I use kindle on my iPad and that's about 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started today. I tried rebooting my device but that's about all

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It's doing this same thing on all my books not just the one

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
In order to help you I need to ask, please: How exactly are you touching the screen, when you touch it to change or turn the page?

I am swiping it in the middle of the page with my finger or a stylus.

OK - that's more or less the right way to tap the page. Toward the edges it often signals more than one tap, thus skips pages.

How many devices do you have Kindle apps on, please?

One

And that one device is an iPad with the Kindle Reader app, correct?

Does any other app have a problem with touch-screen controls or their action?

no

Did the Kindle Reader work OK, with regard to changing pages / turning pages, before this sometime? and if so, how long ago did it last work properly?