Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I am unable to connect to WFi with the password/words. Have

Customer Question

I am unable to connect to WFi with the password/words . Have never had this before..Have 100 books
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: ?? This is probably 5 years old and it the top model with color
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only today when I ordered a new book and can not recieve it
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to be able to order books on my nook
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Often these types of problems can be fixed by simply restarting both the Nook and the Wifi router.

To restart your Nook, press and hold the power button on the side of the Nook until you see a message asking you if you want to power off. Select yes. After it powers off please press the power button again to turn it back on.

To restart your Wifi router, please unplug the power cord from the back of the router. Wait a few seconds and plug it back in. After plugging it back in please give it a full two minutes to fully reboot and reconnect to devices.

Please try to connect your Nook after completing these steps. Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No go. Does not connect with any password
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I am terribly sorry for the delay. For some reason, I just saw your reply.

If you are certain that you are entering the correct password ***** your wifi network, then it is possible that your Nook needs updates. Please click on the following link, https://help.barnesandnoble.com/app/nook_support/list, and log in to your Nook account. Find your Nook in the list and click on software updates. Depending on the version there may be both firmware updates and software updates available. Since you can't connect to the internet via wifi, if you find that there are updates available, please connect your Nook to your computer using the cable that came with your Nook and follow the instructions on the screen to update.

If you are not certain of the password, please let me know and I will help you with trying to retrieve it. If I need to help you with retrieving the password, I'll need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been to Barnes and Noble and they have resolved my problem
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for keeping me posted. Have a great day!