Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle fire will not power on. what can I do? kindle fire

Customer Question

my kindle fire will not power on. what can I do?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kindle fire 8.9?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It shut down on its own last night. I tried to turn it on but no go, screen stays black
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it had been slowing down and screen freezing for several days.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps. If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.