E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle fire will not power on. what can I do? kindle fire…

Customer Question
My kindle fire will...

My kindle fire will not power on. what can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle fire 8.9?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It shut down on its own last night. I tried to turn it on but no go, screen stays black

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It had been slowing down and screen freezing for several days.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps. If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Aric, Technician