E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Somehow in shutting down my kindle fire I turn on the chat…

Customer Question
Somehow in shutting down...

Somehow in shutting down my kindle fire I turn on the chat button.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

I have shut it down and turn it back on and my screen is frozen everything I touch to make it work gets a green box around it -- It comes up with message to cut chat head of -- I hit the box but nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I try to shut down and I hit ok and nothing happens. I have to hold the button and wait for it to shut down.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Just started yesterday, I believe. I have search for answers. And tried numerous things. I have had kindle for five or six years and this has never happened and I haven't had any problems basically that I couldn't fix. I am at a lost

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8' kindle fire upgraded as of June 2017
9/7/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 8 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

info tech
info tech
info tech, Technician