info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

Somehow in shutting down my kindle fire I turn on the chat

Customer Question

Somehow in shutting down my kindle fire I turn on the chat button.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: I have shut it down and turn it back on and my screen is frozen everything I touch to make it work gets a green box around it -- It comes up with message to cut chat head of -- I hit the box but nothing happens.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I try to shut down and I hit ok and nothing happens. I have to hold the button and wait for it to shut down.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just started yesterday, I believe. I have search for answers. And tried numerous things. I have had kindle for five or six years and this has never happened and I haven't had any problems basically that I couldn't fix. I am at a lost
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
8' kindle fire upgraded as of June 2017
Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

Expert:  info tech replied 1 month ago.

Do you need any more help with this please?