E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

What battery replacement do I use for my Kindle Serial

Customer Question
What battery replacement do...

What battery replacement do I use for my Kindle Serial Number

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Serial number is ***** B0 24 1603 3016 1348 I think is 4 or 5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Battery will take a full charge but is dead in about 6 hours. Started 4 days ago.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Before buying a new battery, let's try a reset...

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.