E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle wont charge. D00801, 1 monyh, no

Customer Question
My kindle wont charge. ...

My kindle wont charge.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

D00801

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

1 monyh

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/7/2017
Electronics Technician: rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service

Thanks for using justanswer.

please do the following steps,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again. Please reply if that does not help.

Hope it helps.Please leave a positive rating before leaving by giving 3 or more stars.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.