Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Whatever type your Kindle is, it needs to be treated this way:
First: an electronic device with dampness inside it needs to be kept powered Off, strictly Off, until it is *certain* to be dried. So, don't turn it On, and remove the battery (*if* easily possible... see below), and keep it that way for days.
Second: take rice, uncooked rice either brown or white, but hopefully not too chaffy. Blow on it and stir it, to get rid of all fine particles - you don't want them to get into the device.
Third: place that rice in a container, and the device on top of the rice, with the open hatch or battery port (left open if it has a cover) upward out of the rice, and enclose in a watertight container or bag, with lots of loose air trapped in it, and an air bubble above the device.
Fourth: leave undisturbed in a warm place, for days, not just overnight. It must be thoroughly dried to have a chance of being undamaged.
Should the battery (kept apart) be dried too? if it got at all wet, yes, and if it is easy to remove... in most Kindles it is NOT easily removed, to this is probably no issue... but several days just sitting on a shelf, after wiping the battery terminals dry enough with a clean dry cloth, should do that - the battery is sealed anyway, unless its severely damaged.
Note: Silica gel, warmed to absolute dryness in a warm oven, is ideal. But that much is hard to obtain, and uncooked rice *will* do.
That's about it. Good luck. And please let me know whether you are willing to rate my answer now, or later. Thanks.