E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle wont open it is stuck on a Jitterbug Flip phone…

Customer Question
My kindle wont open...

My kindle wont open it is stuck on a Jitterbug Flip phone screen

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About 3 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have not used it for 2 weeks and I tried to use it today. I thought it had no charge so I charged it but it is still the same

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please. If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.