Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I "killed" my Kindle by dropping it. Now it will open but

Customer Question

I "killed" my Kindle by dropping it. Now it will open but everything is a mishmash. I believe it is a loss. I need to order a new one and want to make sure my books are transferred over. I had a Kindle 3 G wireliss reading device. with free 3G + wifi and works globally. Has the price gone down from $189.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: How will my library be transferred to new device and which one should I get. The old model worked well for me.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I bought it in 2010 It is a Kindle 3G. Where would I find the model?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I dropped the kindle and it looks like the mechanisn is jammed. I doubt that it can be saved. I need a new on but wnat to know if the book on the device can be transferred to new device?
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cost to replace and do I go with same model?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

All of your books will automatically transfer to the new Kindle.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have you seen all the info that I have already put in? My kindle cannot be fixed. Main question was how much to replace and can my books on old Kindle be transferred to a new device? I am interested in doing this as cheaply as possible. IMy old device is a Kindle 3G wireless reading device. free #G wifi and workked globally.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Did you see my previous reply?

All of your books will automatically transfer to the new Kindle. There several models available -- Do you have a price range? Any requirements?

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I have to pay anymore money? I have already spent $31. How do I transfer my Kindle books to new kindle which I will receive in 10 days? If there is an extra charge to this question pleasr disregard.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.