E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I "killed" my Kindle by dropping it. Now it will open but…

Customer Question
I "killed" my Kindle...

I "killed" my Kindle by dropping it. Now it will open but everything is a mishmash. I believe it is a loss. I need to order a new one and want to make sure my books are transferred over. I had a Kindle 3 G wireliss reading device. with free 3G + wifi and works globally. Has the price gone down from $189.?

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

How will my library be transferred to new device and which one should I get. The old model worked well for me.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I bought it in 2010 It is a Kindle 3G. Where would I find the model?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I dropped the kindle and it looks like the mechanisn is jammed. I doubt that it can be saved. I need a new on but wnat to know if the book on the device can be transferred to new device?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Cost to replace and do I go with same model?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 9 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

All of your books will automatically transfer to the new Kindle.

Have you seen all the info that I have already put in? My kindle cannot be fixed. Main question was how much to replace and can my books on old Kindle be transferred to a new device? I am interested in doing this as cheaply as possible. IMy old device is a Kindle 3G wireless reading device. free #G wifi and workked globally.

Did you see my previous reply?

All of your books will automatically transfer to the new Kindle. There several models available -- Do you have a price range? Any requirements?

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Do I have to pay anymore money? I have already spent $31. How do I transfer my Kindle books to new kindle which I will receive in 10 days? If there is an extra charge to this question pleasr disregard.
Josh, Technician