E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It seems that the battery of my kindle is dead. It does not…

Customer Question
It seems that the...

It seems that the battery of my kindle is dead. It does not charge. The light is on when plugged but it does not charge. I tried 2 different cables to no avail

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I do not know AT least 6 years old before the first fire was available I do'ntt need a light to read

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is the 1st time it happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

TRied 2 cables and two outlets. The battery continues to show no charge

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/6/2017
Electronics Technician: MD.SADIQUE, Engineer replied 10 months ago
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Let's try resetting your Kindle; follow the steps below:

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected. Please remove the USB cable as well.

2) Press and hold the Power button on the bottom of the device for about 25 seconds and then release the switch.

3) Please press and hold your Kindle for at least 25 seconds.If you only hold the Power button for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So you have to hold the power button for at least 25 seconds.

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.