rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service
Experience:  4 years+ experience as an Electronic technician
13842863

I ordered a new Paperwhite kindle for my wife and I wanted

I ordered a new Paperwhite kindle for my wife and I wanted it registered in her name. She already has an old kindle and account in her name which she wants to keep using also. Does she have to register the new kindle with a new password ***** a new account?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Don't know model number. Approx. 5 to 6 years old. has light bar.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: All i'm asking is how register the new kindle and keep the old one registered also.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thanks for using justanswer.

No you don't want another account. Just register the new kindle to the same old amazon account.

First connect your kindle to wifi. Once connected ,

you have to register your kindle to your amazon account to buy the books you want to read.

For that follow the steps.

From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
Then Tap Registration.
Choose the Amazon account you want to use on your Kindle:
(There you will find the option as given below select 1 if have amazon account and you will have to enter your amazon id and password. And if yu dont have select the 2 option to create a ne one.)

1,If you already have an Amazon account: Tap this option. Enter the e-mail and password ***** with your Amazon account. Tap Register. Your name will appear as the Registered User when registration is complete.

2.If you do not have an Amazon account: Tap this option and follow the onscreen instructions to set up a new Amazon account.

(Note you will choose the 1st option and enter the old amazon account details to register to the same account.)

After the registration process is done your kindle is ready to use.

Hope it helps.Please leave a positive rating before leaving with the help of stars.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.