E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My Kindle t, My Kindle Touch froze yesterday when I was

My Kindle t JA: What's the...
My Kindle t
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: My Kindle Touch froze yesterday when I was browsing the bookstore. After I rebooted I noticed books in my collections appeared outside their group. Now I have two of everything and I can't get rid of just one copy. Also my collections no longer stay at the front of the line.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Yesterday evening. I tried rebooting several times with no results. I tried deleting a collection and then adding it back as a new collection. That didn't work either.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't remember how old my reader is, but I know it is over 5 years old.
8/16/2017
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>

Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.

Regards

Anthony

Anthony
After several 40 second reboots, each time I select a book and then return to library, the book assumes a fixed position at the front while the collection migrates to a fixed position on page 30 of 40 in my library. When I delete and individual book from the library it still deletes also from the collection.

OK sorry I will opt out

Josh, Technician

Have you tried a factory reset yet?

No I haven't.

From the Home Screen select: MENU / SETTINGS / HIT MENU AGAIN WHEN IN SETTINGS / RESET DEVICE

Josh, Technician
Josh, Technician