Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

Model no. not known. About six to seven years old. Tried to

Hi Pearl,
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: model no. not known. About six to seven years old. Tried to buy book, message comes up "Your kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please make sure your are within wireless range and try again. If the problem persists, please restart your kindle from the Menu in Settings and try again." Tried that, same message repeats
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Couple of months. Troubleshooting as prompted by message, but does nothing but bring up same message
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info. If that fails you will need to update the Kindle using a computer. Let me know the Kindle Version if it does not work please.
From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings. From Settings, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Device Info.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tried forced re-boot. No luck. Also don't have wi fi. My computer does not have internet connection, only my IPad.
Device ID is WI FI MAC Address 28:EF:01:05:3C:85 Ser No. BOOA DOB1 1354 OG3W. WI-FI & 3G
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you get my reply and device info?
let me know the current software version please. From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. You will see the current software version at the bottom of the screen.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
VERSION....Kindle 3.2.1 (576290015)
Okay, the problem you are having is due to the software being out of date.
You will need to update the Kindle using be your computer.
Have you ever connected the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No,never b4
Okay, I can give you step by step instructions to do this on your own or I can do it for you with a secure remote screen connection to your computer. Let me know which you prefer.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Secure remote screen. I am not very computer savvy
Okay, is your computer Windows or Mac?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Windows

Click on the blue link below and allow the remote session to download and run please> then reply here with the 9 digit access code and password.

https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewer_Setup_en.exe

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My computer has no internet connection
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Iam lost!

Okay, unfortunately the only way to get the Kindle working again will be to connect it to a computer.

You can read the kindle books from the ipad until you get the kindle working again with the Kindle app on your. iPad.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.
Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do i get the kindle working again with the kindle app on the Ipad

You can only get the Kindle working with a computer.

You can read your Kindle books on the iPad Kindle app.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does the computer require an internet connection to get the kindle working?

Yes, unfortunately.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for that.