Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

Have kindle paper that will not come on line screen shows

have kindle paper white that will not come on line screen shows typewriter keys...thought low on power...charged it overnite still the same....
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: where do i find that info?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: started yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can it be fixed?

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
got the tree...reloading

Thanks, ***** ***** posted.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
FIXED!! THANKS!!!!!!!

Great! Glad that did the trick for you!

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,