Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

My kindle paperwhite(bought late 2014) is frozen, all I know

Customer Question

my kindle paperwhite(bought late 2014) is frozen
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: all I know is paperwhite 4GB bought 12/2014
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: problem started yesterday. I recharged it and have pressed button next to charger outlet. Green light doesn't stay on for more than 10 seconds.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it is now frozen with power section on screen asking me if I want to cancel etc
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,