Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

I have a new Kindle. I don't know if it is a Kindle fire or

Customer Question

i have a new Kindle. I don't know if it is a Kindle fire or just a Reader. I am trying to connect with the Amazon app so I can borrow from our library. What should I do.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: New. model #sy69jl: IC###-##-####JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just got it yesterday. Spent the last hour at our public library trying to put on the Amazon app so I can borrow from the library.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know how to get to the Amazon app store and get the Amazon app that will let me borrow from our public library and purchase from Amazon or download free books.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Your Kindle Fire *is* the Amazon app, essentially. You do not need an Amazon app, nor a Kindle Reader app, the Kindle device does that for you.

1. tap on the 'antenna' icon, and select your WiFi network, then connect to it - if you have not already.

2. Register the new Kindle with your Amazon.com account (if you haven't already.) This can usually be done by this process more or less: Settings - then Registration - then choose whether you already have an Amazon.com account or not - use the one you already have if you already have one - and register the device by entering your Amazon.com account username/email and the password ***** that Amazon.com account.

3. If bought from Amazon at very least, your books are always available in or from your Amazon.com account for re-downloading as needed. So, once registered on the new Kindle, you may download the books once again. If you have already bought some, you don't need to buy them again, in other words: your new Kindle may download copies of the books you have already bought in the Amazon.com account you have registered it to.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.