E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Can't get it to turn on. Yesterday. It's fully charged. Not…

Customer Question
Can't get it to...

Can't get it to turn on.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Yesterday. It's fully charged

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No, not for a minute. I'll try that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

Tried holding on off button for a minute. Still black screen

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
8/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the make/model of your device?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's an Amazon Kindle Fire

Thank you for confirming,

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20 seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,