E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am unable to download material to my Kindle Paperwhite. I…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to download material to my Kindle Paperwhite. I de-registered it as it was under an old account and now I want to re-register it using my current Amazon account information. Have been at this for two days now and still can't figure out how to make this work. I have ordered about 20 books and they show on line but not on my Kindle.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I am not sure but I think it is a 5th generation paperwhite.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Haven't been able to download in at least a month. It may also be a credit card problem and I tried to change the payment method, but was unable to. Most of the time, I am trying anything that looks like it might help.....no success so far. But the Kindle is now deregistered so I thought we could start from scratch.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

That's about it I think....I just want to get this squared away so I can get back to reading.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

The best way to do this is a complete reset. That will allow you to go through the setup of the Kindle from the beginning as it was out of the box. When you go through the setup, you would simply put your new information in when it asks for your Amazon account.

To do the reset, once the Kindle is turned off, hold the power ON for a full 20 seconds. It should turn off briefly at this point and do the reset. It may take a few minutes, so be patient. When it starts up, it will go through the new Kindle setup. Please let me know if this helps or if you need additional information.

I have some additional detail in an article I've written here:

How to Reset a Kindle eReader