E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It seems like it froze up. can't charge, turn page or get in…

Customer Question
It seems like it...

It seems like it froze up. can't charge, turn page or get in the apps on top .

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

A couple of days ago. I tried charging it last night and after being on all night the orange light was still on. no green light at all. it wont turn off

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to know how it can be fixed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you tried :

• press and hold (or depending on the version, slide and hold) the POWER button for a full 40~60 seconds;
  • even after the screen went blank;
  • then release the POWER button;
  • press or slide the POWER button to restart if the Kindle does not re-start on its own;
  • should the screen be still be unresponsive, then plug in Kindle using the USB cord or the A/C power adapter that came with it;
  • recommend charging the Kindle with an Amazon power adapter;
  • allow the Kindle to charge for 30 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.