E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My whole list of kindle books just erased. I want it back, I…

Customer Question
My whole list of...

My whole list of kindle books just erased. I want it back, I was reading several books on the list. My android by Samsung kindle reader hasn't done this before. I AM ALREADY a member on kindle unlimited but now it wants me to rejoin. Argh!!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Samsung tablet, 2 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just finished a book and set up to read the sequel but the whole thing was gone. No longer had my list.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

Nope. Just want my list back.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 6 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
I tried this twice and my old list didn't come back. There are a few sample books, that's all.
I can't believe I have to pay 5 dollars to talk to a human being. Not much customer service from Kindle huh?
check to be sure the kindle is registered properly to the same email address and password ***** you used to sign in to the Amazon account when they were purchased.To view your Amazon account from your computer and check to see if the kindle is listed:- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices at Amazon.com ManageYourContent and Devices.Then check the registration on the kindle>- From the Amazon website, go to Your Apps and Devices.
- Click Your devices.From the kindle> Follow these steps please> From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. Tap on the amazon account listed there then select deregister, then from the Settings menu select register and enter the current Amazon account info.
I don't know how to do this. I've followed the instructions, but don't have the headings you're talking about in either the computer or Samsung Galaxy 4.
Okay, give me a moment to get those for you please.
Open Kindle for Android.
Tap Start Reading.
Enter your Amazon account information.
Tap Sign In.
Tip:
After you register Kindle for Android, your device is assigned a name for easier identification amongst other devices or reading apps registered to your Amazon account. To update the name of the device, tap the Kindle icon from the Home screen, and then tap Settings > Device Name. Edit the existing name, and then tap Rename Device.
To deregister your device, tap the Kindle icon from the Home screen, and then tap Settings > Deregister Your Device.Visit Manage Your Content and Devices (Amazon.com full site)
Select the Settings tab.
There isn't a "start reading" to tap.
tap the Kindle icon from the Home screen, and then tap Settings > Device Name. Edit the existing name, and then tap Rename Device.
Select the Settings tab.
I deregistered, but can't find (on Amazon.com) the "manage you content and devices.

Click on this link please.

https://www.amazon.com/mycd

Now what?
I see on the Kindle a list of books, but not the whole list and not the ones I have read recently.

okay, do you have more than one Amazon account?

Nope

okay, there are two sections on the kindle. one will say cloud and one will say device.

I only use it to read. Where would I find these sections?
I do see an app that says 3M cloudlibrary.

When you open Kindle app you should see your library of Kindle books on “Device and Cloud”

I see that in my library there's an area that says on device which is empty. I have no on cloud area, probably because I've never used this area.
I saw that my account for Kindle unlimited is still active, but accourding to my Kindle I have to reregister and start paying again.

okay, the kindle unlimited will only show the last 10 books

OK, but why do I no longer have the rest of my list from when I didn't have unlimited and the book I had just started? Plus, why is my unlimited account not working now?

You may have to reenable the payment settings. To access a Kindle Unlimited title on an Amazon device or Kindle reading app, you must have 1-Click enabled. You can set up your 1-Click payment method by going to Manage Your Content and Devices, selecting the Settings tab, and then clicking Edit Payment Method below Digital Payment Settings.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.
Thank you very much!

Did that work for you?

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician