E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I received a new kindle paperwhite last Christmas.....it has…

Customer Question
I received a new kindle...
I received a new kindle paperwhite last Christmas.....it has never held a charge for more than several days instead of several weeks as advertised. Also, just recently my library ended up with ALL the deleted books I have read. I've never saved books in my library....so I should only have 2 or 3 pages... now I have 12 pages. I hope this can be fixed.......I am a "dummy" when it comes to electronics.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/6/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 11 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>

Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.

Regards

Anthony

How has this worked out please?

I tried several times and it did not work. It is very late.....I will try again in the morning and let you know.

ok

I have tried to restart my kindle and nothing has happened.........ALL books that I deleted are still there and when I tried to delete them again, there is NO "option" to delete it. What caused all the deleted books to appear back on my kindle?
I haven't had an answer to my question.......I am becoming very frustrated that this issue has not been addressed. I live on social security and have very little income and can not afford to pay for services that cannot help me. So, I am not 100% satisfied, please refund my charges.