E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Well, I got this weird thing, several times the kindle told…

Customer Question
Well, I got this...

Well, I got this weird thing, several times the kindle told me it was unable to log onto my gmail account. I entered my then password ***** it was okay. Tonight I got the message again that I coudl not log on. So I changed my password ***** saw that the Kindle was saying I used a new device to log on with a KWOSFI or something like that. I went through a security check and it seemed ok, but what what is this KWO thing?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

The kindle was on wif-fi with my desktop I think and I was going directly through the email envelope icon.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Not that i know of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?

Noting i guess

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, which password *****; ...for your email? ...or for your WiFi?

The password ***** had to enter to log in to Google was my email password.
I want to know if this KWOSIF or whatever it was is legit or was I somehow hacked
My kindle said I had used a new device, this KOWSFI or whatever it was. But I only had the kindle itself, my cell phone and another tablet a Zeepad which I rarely use
its KFSOWI

Let's try the basics...

Please click HERE.

Scroll down to "Transfer & Install the Latest Software Update Manually".
Play the video tutorial.
Scroll a bit further down. Select your Kindle's model/version and then click on the "...Kindle...Software Updates..." for your model/version.
A new page would open with instructions on how to manually download and install the latest software update available for your Kindle.
Thereafter, it may require several re-booting/restarting.
This would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test.
Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

ok but what the heck is this?

"KFSOWI" has something to do with programming the Kindle. A possibility is that the firmware was corrupted and it has gone into developer mode. Hence tha above updating the firmware.

Performing a software update would then serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.

i do not have a cable to connect kindle to my pc as video says

How is the Kindle able to be charged pleasae?

I have a cable that plugs into the wall, then into kindle. Video says need wire with USB end

Unfortunately, yes.

Still, is the Kindle fully operational? ...works as expected?

except this KWOSFI display a couple of times

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician