E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cannot remove books from my library, Kindle fire HD 8,

Customer Question
I cannot remove books...

I cannot remove books from my library

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle fire HD 8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Read manual directions but what it said did not show on my device

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

My home button no longer works

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 11 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** will be glad to assist you with this. Try holding the power button down for 20 seconds then follow the steps below.
There are two ways to delete books from your Kindle. You can do it right on your device by going to the book you no longer want and selecting “remove from device” or you can permanently delete the book through your Kindle account on the computer.
- Turn your Kindle on. Once you’re on your Home Screen navigate through your library until you find the book you no longer want.
- When you select the book it will give you a list of options –select “Remove from Device.” The book will go into your Archive. Files in your Archive are not fully stored on your device, but are there to maintain the record of your purchase.
- If you want to remove the book permanently you can do that as well. Sign into the Amazon account you have linked with your Kindle and go to “Manage Your Content and Devices.” You should be looking at a list of your purchases. Find the book you want to delete and click the “…” button on the left side of the title.
- From the drop down menu, select “delete.” You will be prompted to confirm whether or not you want to delete the file. Click the yellow “Yes, delete permanently” button to remove the file from your library.
Did that work for you?

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.

Thank you very much!