E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

18 Neill Road, Vernon is the new home for my kindle.

Customer Question
Vernon is the new...

Vernon is the new home for my kindle. Comcast/Xfinity is the cable. Wifi is here. How do I connect my kindle to wifi?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindel fire 8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Received kindle in Vermont, returned home and would like to connect here. I am not technology wise (84 years old) please have patience. Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

No, just connection.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
8/5/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. You will need to know the name of your wifi network and the password ***** connect to the network (unless it is a public network). Do you have that information?

If you do have that information, please do the following. Swipe down from the top of the Kindle. You'll will see several options such as wifi, airplane mode, etc. Tap SETTINGS. Next tap WIRELESS, then tap WIFI. Tap to Select your network from the list of networks under WIFI NETWORKS. Type in the password ***** the wifi network, using the oncsreen keyboard. When you're done done, Click on Connect. You may need to scroll down the page if you don't see the connect button.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!