E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The battery is gone in my old kindle. I am trying to

Customer Question
The battery is gone...

The battery is gone in my old kindle. I am trying to register my new one and transfer the books from the old to the new

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The old one is an Amazon kindle about 8 or 9years old. I just received my new one from Amazon

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just want to register my new kindle and am having troub;e

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
8/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 year ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is the error that you are having?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am trying to register a new kindle. It will not let me. The web info at the top of the reader says spectrum and we do not have that. We have hughesnet

Did you connect the Kindle to your own Wi-Fi network?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought I did. It tells me I am connected but then won't let me connect. I spent $31 dollors on this site the other day and it still doesn't work

What is the error that you are having?

Please provide the exact error message

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was a problem loading this page. What is the spectrum info doing there. Is it pre-programmed because I don't have it

It sounds like you connected to someone elses Wi-Fi network.

Do you know the name of your own Wi-Fi network?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hughesnet.com

Hughesnet.com is not the name of your Wi-Fi network.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Netgear74
Did you connect to Netgear74 network?