E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle paper does not charge. What can I do? It is about…

Customer Question
My kindle paper white...

My kindle paper white does not charge. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have shut it off, restart it, tried different plugs and cords and outlets. It keeps saying that the battery needs charging

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

It is a amazon device

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 11 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot but unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.
Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then power on and check for charge indicator, if that fails, Wait 15 minutes with the kindle connected to the charger and wall outlet then try the steps again. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure. Most likely a failed charge port.Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,
You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.
Thank you very much!