E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My paperwhite kindle appears to be dead. It will no take…

Customer Question
My paperwhite kindle appears...

My paperwhite kindle appears to be dead. It will no take swipe.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Purchase January 19 2015. Paper white.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was away for three weeks and could not trouble shoot.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Electronics Technician: MD.SADIQUE, Engineer replied 11 months ago
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Let's try resetting your Kindle; follow the steps below:

1) Connect your Kindle to the charger.

2) Press and hold the Power button on the bottom of the device for about 25 seconds and then release the switch.

3) Please press and hold your Kindle for at least 25 seconds.If you only hold the Power button for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So you have to hold the power button for at least 25 seconds.

Tell me how it goes!