E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have inherited my daughter's Paper kindle and I would like…

Customer Question
I have inherited my...

I have inherited my daughter's Paper White kindle and I would like to have my book purchases installed on this kindle instead of my old one.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

My last purchase was several months ago and it came to my old kindle.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

How do I change over?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/4/2017
Electronics Technician: rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service

Welcome to justanswer.

Yes you can get your old books from the old kindle to the new kindle, but for that the new kindles have to be registered to your same old amazon account. so deregister it and register it again.

So in your new kindle:

From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
Tap Registration.
In the Deregister Your Kindle dialog box, tap Deregister.

Then follow the same process to register to your old amazon account.
Once it is registered,,
From your computer log into your amazon account.
Then go to "manage your kindle" option.
There you will see your books, from there choose the book you want in your new kindle, click it and you will see a action menu and from there click "send to " or "deliver to" your kindle name will be there. Then the books will be send to your kindle.
After that sync your kindle once by going to menu and then sync.
And the books will be there.
Hope it helps. Please leave a positive rating before leaving with the help of stars.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem