E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just bought a new kindle. It's a small one. It keeps

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a new kindle. It's a small one. It keeps asking for a password. I've used every one I use, but it keeps telling me it's incorrect. I have no idea what it wants.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

I just bought it and charged it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

I don't know what that is.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

I'm not picky. I just want to be able to download a book and read it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

The kindle has a few areas where differetn types of passwords are used.

Is this the password ***** unlock the screen? Connect to Wifi? Or to register the Kindle and purchase a book?

Please let me know

I'm not getting what I want from you. Please cancel my 'membership' and take your 'service' off my credit card. I thought I was talking to an Amazon tech. I never wanted to join a service of any kind. Take the charge off my card, immediately! Anita Bate

Hi Anita

I needed some information from you to begin but anyway, please contact customer service regarding all account questions

Thank you