E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I purchased a Kindle Paperwhite e-reader this past June 8th…

Customer Question
I purchased a Kindle...

I purchased a Kindle Paperwhite e-reader this past June 8th from Amazon with, supposedly, a protection plan service agreement (which I have not yet received) and now my Paperwhite will not swipe. It froze up yesterday and I charged it overnight and it shows the screen "wipe to unlock Kindle", but it won't work. What should I do?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

Last night when I was reading in bed.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No I don't know about that. I don't think I ever set up a password.? I'm sorry I don't remember if I did or not. Where would I have done that? I can't find any paperwork in the box.

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

How do I check about the service agreement I thought I purchased?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute). If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Were you able to try those steps? Did the Kindle respond?

Let me know what happens please.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Did you need further assistance?

Aric, Technician