E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I scrolled to the end of a 13 page list and the unit froze…

Customer Question
I scrolled to the...

I scrolled to the end of a 13 page list and the unit froze up. Nothing works. I had trouble getting the pages to advance, but once I did everything looked OK. Unit is fully charged.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Paper white about 8 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started today. No troubleshooting available since nothing responds.i

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try holding down the Power button or switch for almost exactly 4 or 5 seconds, not longer.

Does that un-freeze the PaperWhite device? Let me know whether or not it does - if it does not, there are other things to try.

No, but the green light stays on. That's new.

OK... but what's on the screen now?

Forget it. I fixed it myself. Since I did not receive a phone call, We're even. Don't try to charge my card.

I hope my advice helped with the case.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.