E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle Fire and just recently it has started to act…

Customer Question
I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle Fire and just recently it has started to act up when I'm reading. It will go from the text page to a screen that is asking me to sign in togo to the internet.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Maybe five or six years.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Lets say a week maybe. I have tried logging in but it says I'm using wrong password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

Trying to find model #

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service

Thanks for using justanswer.

please do the following steps,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will not appear again.

Hope it helps. Please leave a positive rating before leaving with the help of stars.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.