E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Several days ago I tried to check my email on my kindly fire…

Customer Question
Several days ago I...

Several days ago I tried to check my email on my kindly fire HD & received this message: connection problem bellsouth. How do I fix the problem? According to settings, I am connected to WiFi.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Fire?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes. Computer and cell phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Just glad you are there for me. I am electronically challenged !

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Still a connection problem after shutting down and restarting.

Have you tried to remove the email address then add it back?

I prefer not to party additional fees for phone call
Connection problem (Bellsouth) is the message that appears when I try to check my email. Settings indicates that I am connected to wifi. Who do I need to ask for help which is free if charge?

This is a paid service.

If you do not wish to pay, please call our customer service at 1-***-***-****

I call the 1-888 number and was told to come back to you. Now I understand that I'm charged 36.00 for no answer to my problem.

Yes, this is a paid service.

Do you wish to continue? You mentioned that you wish to use a free service option.

I just want help with my email problem without paying a ridiculous amout of money.

Yes, this is a paid service.