E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle does not respond. I have it plugged into my computer…

Customer Question
Kindle does not respond...

Kindle does not respond. I have it plugged into my computer and the yellow light is on at the bottom.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I don't know the make. On the back it says AMAZON.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The front reads USB Drive mode; a picture of a cable to be plugged in and it reads

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

"If you want to read or shop on your kindle …..but eject your kindle from your computer.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.