E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My new fire 8 intab is stuck in reboot status, Has

Customer Question
My new fire 8...

My new fire 8 intab is stuck in reboot status

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Fire?

Has beenchargin all. Ight

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Customer:***@******.***/ not. yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

It says reboot ow butdoes not do it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.