E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle fire 6-7 yrs old I have a good strong wifi…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle fire 6-7 yrs old I have a good strong wifi connection. airplane mode is off wifi fi on. when I try my browser it says "you are offline" can you help me

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a kindle fire 8.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We were in florida last week and I connected with an IPAD hot spot. when we got home I got connected with my usual modem and it shows connected with good signal and good speed. when I axcess my browser it says you are offline. I talked talked provider and they are puzzeled

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you