Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have recently downloaded 3 new books onto my Kindle from

Customer Question

I have recently downloaded 3 new books onto my Kindle from the Kindle Library (and have been charged for them by Amazon!), but they are not showing up on my Kindle. Any suggestions?
JA: When did you last charge your Kindle?
Customer: Last night
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?
Customer: no; will do
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Charged; rebooted. Attempted download 3 times.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Have you tried any of below?

• disconnect and reconnect the Kindle's WiFi connection;
  • ensure that the Kindle is able to go online/connect to the Internet;
  • sync to receive your content. Go to Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Sync and Check for Items;
  • should the book fail to complete downloading, consider deleting it from the Kindle device and then try re-downloading it from the cloud section;
  • go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page of your Amazon account to find the ebook that won’t download;
  • select the “Actions” field to choose to “Deliver” the title to a specific device;
  • or you can choose to download and transfer it to your device from a computer with a USB cable.
  • should the book be not in the Your Content and Devices list, check to make sure the order was completed in the Digital Orders section of Your Orders at Amazon;
  • if still a no-go, check if the Kindle's software needs updating.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dowloading has always worked for the 4 years or so I have had the Kindle. It worked 1 month ago. Never had books ordered go to Kindle Library before this time. But, I can see on Amazon site that 3 new books are in Kindle Library. I clicked all 3; hit download button; clicked "Nancy's Kindle" as site to which books are to go; nothing happens. Yes; the WiFi works. Have cut off and on; etc.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Have you updated this Kindle (lately) ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. How do I do that?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Please consider / try performing a software update of the Kindle manually with the use of a computer.

Please click HERE.

Scroll down to "Transfer & Install the Latest Software Update Manually".
Play the video tutorial.
Scroll a bit further down. Select your Kindle's model/version and then click on the "...Kindle...Software Updates..." for your model/version.
A new page would open with instructions on how to manually download and install the latest software update available for your Kindle.
Thereafter, it may require several re-booting/restarting.
This would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test.
Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.