Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

I ordered the Olive Tree by Lucinda Riley and see that the

Customer Question

Hi there. I ordered the Olive Tree by Lucinda Riley and see that the book has downloaded only 2% of the book. Please advise
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Hi. Therein lies the question. My Kindle has gone missing from my home. We suspect it is somewhere in the house. The Kindle was bought in 2010. My recovery key is RK-7Q69-QZGY-B4U8
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried troubleshooting as I don't have the actual device. I have tried to log on with my laptop but I don't get further than the list of books I have bought and the samples.
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ever since the device disappeared on or about 13 June 2017
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and download it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have the device. It is the paper-white version. I can only see what is on the Kindle on my laptop. I have a second-hand device which I need to register. I have the device and the model number. I want to load my books on this Kindle as well so I can read the books on this device. Is this possible. I want the book, not a refund on the book
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok... but you said it stopped downloading at 2% correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

yes, I replied to you, will again repeat

you said it stopped downloading at 2% correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is too expensive for me to call from South Africa. Hopefully this problem can be sorted out.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you twice now please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't need a website offer. I want to know how the book gets downloaded and how to add another device to my account.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Are you seeing any of my messages at all? As I have replied three times on this, but you do not seem to see them..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't see your messages. What do I do now? Maybe it can be done via email?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

How did you then reply to my last message if you do not see it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where do I go to see the answers. Surely they should follow my questions? Note, the account is in my husband's name, Gareth Brummer and the credit card I used now to pay the 5$ is my credit card number.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have the device. I can read the books from Kindle on my Laptop & want to add the second device to the account. Is it not possible to check the status of the download of the book I ordered?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

want to add the second device to the account

What device do you want to add to your account if you do not have a device?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We bought a second-hand device which needs to be registered. I want to use this device to read the books & hopefully we will find the original device in the house.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

To register the Kindle go to menu (three bars top right) then

1. tap Settings.
  2. Tap Registration.

Then enter in your Amazon account and register it with that

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nortons is asking me for a Vault Number. I have no idea what that password ***** I am going to change my browser to Nortons to find out. Will you stay on line?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

yes... though I am not sure why you are doing anything on your computer and the instructions are to be done on your second - hand Kindle device.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know

Expert:  jd-cssm replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you