E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have ordered two books for my kindle but neither have

Customer Question
I have ordered two...

I have ordered two books for my kindle but neither have appeared after a week or more. I have been on line with Josh C and he has not been table to be helpful. I can't get to the Menu scree to start/restart the kindle. I have paid for the books - one, for some reason is being posted and the other is supposed to be o my kindle - nothing has happened. Please please help me

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

This has bee going on for 10 days to a couple of weeks. I've tried to restart. but no menu comes up so I can't retart again

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

Ive restarted gone on to setting/ See no menu! to restart again. I've tried this several times with no success

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
8/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

This could be caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle books will sync to the device. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. Then wait a couple minutes to see if they are delivered.

If not , check to be sure the kindle is registered properly to the same email address and password ***** you used to sign in to the Amazon account when they were purchased.

To view your Amazon account from your computer and check to see if the kindle is listed:

- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices at Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.html#/home/content/booksAll/dateDsc/
Then check the registration on the kindle>

- From the Amazon website, go to Your Apps and Devices.
- Click Your devices.

From the kindle> Follow these steps please> From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. Tap on the amazon account listed there then select deregister, then from the Settings menu select register and enter the current Amazon account info.

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively.

Thank you very much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No does not work. I managed to find the Kindle password ***** not able to deregister
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm sorry but I can't keep paying - the costs are going up with every question!
I am sorry for any difficulty or confusion. I am not sure about any of the fees. I only do the tech support. However our service is backed by 100 % guarantee and customer service will be glad to answer any account questions for you.
I will work with you on this until the issue is resolved.Do you still need help with this?