E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My kindle is frozen. The background screen is on, but the…

Customer Question
My kindle is frozen...

My kindle is frozen. The background screen is on, but the password ***** doesn't come up. It's fully charged, but I also can't turn it off.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It was a gift. It's the small, lightweight black and white one. I think it's about a year old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started last night. I thought maybe it needed charging, which it did, but I haven't been able to open it since then. Can't trouble shoot since it won't turn off, and nothing comes up but the background screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

Oh, wait. Just held the power button down for about 10 seconds. It's asking if I want to cancel, restart or turn the screen off. What do you suggest?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 6 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>

Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.

Regards

Anthony

info tech
info tech
info tech, Technician