E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Left out in the rain, unable to check user guide for help.

Customer Question
Left out in the...

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Not sure, it's refered to as Helen's #2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

Two days, rebooting unsuccessfully

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Ensure the power is left turned off until the device is completely dry, inside and out.

You can try drying out the device by placing it in a bag of rice for 24-48 hours, to absorb all of the moisture.

Remove any outer covers that you can take off.

If the device still won't turn on after it has been dried out then it has been damaged by the water and will need to be sent for repair or replacement.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I do hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------