Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

It is my NooK HD, It is a & Noble Nook HD, I disabled my

Customer Question

It is my NooK HD
JA: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?
Customer: It is a Barnes & Noble Nook HD
JA: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I disabled my Android System on my App settings. How do I re-install it?
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: Android System for the nook hd, it is version 4.0.0-1.0.0
JA: What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: Calling, searching the web, asking other users. Call Barnes and Noble and they did not know how to do it
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

You will need to try a factory reset:

1. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to turn off the Nook tablet. Wait about 10 to 15 seconds.

2. Press and hold the power button, and then press and hold the “Home” (“n”) key will still holding the power button down. The screen flashes, and then the message, “Touch the Future of Reading” appears. The message disappears, and then the Factory Reset prompt is displayed.

3. Press the “Home” key to execute the factory reset. A confirmation screen is shown.

4. Press the “Home” key once again to confirm the reset action. The Nook tablet should now be reset.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I do hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------