E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It is my NooK HD, It is a & Noble Nook HD, I disabled my…

Customer Question
It is my NooK...

It is my NooK HD

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

It is a Barnes & Noble Nook HD

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

I disabled my Android System on my App settings. How do I re-install it?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Which software or app can I help with?

Android System for the nook hd, it is version 4.0.0-1.0.0

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Calling, searching the web, asking other users. Call Barnes and Noble and they did not know how to do it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You will need to try a factory reset:

1. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to turn off the Nook tablet. Wait about 10 to 15 seconds.

2. Press and hold the power button, and then press and hold the “Home” (“n”) key will still holding the power button down. The screen flashes, and then the message, “Touch the Future of Reading” appears. The message disappears, and then the Factory Reset prompt is displayed.

3. Press the “Home” key to execute the factory reset. A confirmation screen is shown.

4. Press the “Home” key once again to confirm the reset action. The Nook tablet should now be reset.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I do hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------