E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle Fire, 2 yrs old, is not holding a charge. I bought…

Customer Question
My Kindle Fire, 2...

My Kindle Fire, 2 yrs old, is not holding a charge. I bought a new charger but no difference. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I will have to find the box it came in. It is 2 yrs old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just stated yesterday. I bought a new charger. That is all I have done. Would Amazon have a record on the Model?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/1/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 11 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>

Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.

Regards

Anthony

It did not work. What next?

You did see the kindle go through the re-boot?it would have flickered and then gone back to the start page?