E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle won't turn on. Last night, and only used about 40…

Customer Question
My kindle won't turn...

My kindle won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Last night, and only used about 40 % before turning off to sleep

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Thanks it did come on. I was worried I'd lose all my books downloaded to my device. I live in an area with no internet service. Well, I can get it but at $100 per month and no cell service.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/1/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 11 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>

Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release credit to me thank you.

Regards

Anthony