E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Nook only works when plugged into to charge. Left in to

Customer Question
Nook only works when...

Nook only works when plugged into to charge. Left in to charge overnight or longer.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model no.D00901and id probably more than five years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

More than a month and haven't tried any trouble shooting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?

No other questions will have to pause just received important phone call

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Cory, Technician replied 11 months ago
Cory
Cory, Technician

Welcome, I am Cory.

Please press in and hold the power button/on switch for 40 seconds to reset it.

Let me know if it is working after that.

Tried several times and didn't work
Thanks for trying. it may just be worn out

Let's do a hard reset.

Please plug it in for 15 minutes.

Do the 40 second reset while kept on the charger.

Charge another 15 minutes.