E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Can you change batteries in a kindle fire, 4years, nothing…

Customer Question
Can you change batteries...

Can you change batteries in a kindle fire

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

4years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Nothing it just is not holding a charge very long

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
8/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If it is 4 years old, probably the battery in it no longer holds a charge, or no longer delivers enough power for very long - these are the common symptoms of a rechargeable battery in an electronic device having started to fail.

Batteries can be replaced - but some models have batteries that are much easier replaced than others (if you were intending to do the work yourself.) If you wish to have the battery replacement done for you as a service, that's definitely feasible provided you find the fee charges acceptable.

Let me know which of those two approaches (self-repair, or repair-servicing done for you) you wish to know about, and if you want to self-repair the Kindle, please identify the model exactly.

Bought a new one

Good. That's a solution to the problem. I hope my guidance was of use to the decision.

Before you go, please rate my answer - a five-star rating best expresses appreciation of the advice I have given and its directness to the point and promptness (3 minutes after you posted your question, according to timestamps.) Thanks, ***** ***** a great day.

Russell H., Technician