Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I ordered a book - Give me the child by Mel Mcgrath 3-4 days

Customer Question

I ordered a book - Give me the child by Mel Mcgrath 3-4 days ago and nothig has come through. QWhat do I do next - I've trieed everthing I know (ot much) but no luck
JA: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?
Customer: I have absolutely no idea - about 5 years old where do I find the brand name.number
JA: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried all the suggestios but no luch
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. I just want to get back to reading./orering books as I have doe in the past
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, which e-reader please? ...and bought the e-book from where?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its a kindle and bought on-line from the kindle store about 5 years ago
Expert:  Louie replied 2 months ago.

Please confirm that the Kindle is able to go online; has access to the Internet.

Still, have you tried / can you please try:

• turn Off and restart/re-boot the Kindle;
  • disconnect and reconnect the Kindle's WiFi connection;
  • ensure that the Kindle is able to go online/connect to the Internet;
  • sync to receive your content. Go to Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Sync and Check for Items;
  • should the book fail to complete downloading, consider deleting it from the Kindle device and then try re-downloading it from the cloud section;
  • go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page of your Amazon account to find the ebook that won’t download;
  • select the “Actions” field to choose to “Deliver” the title to a specific device;
  • or you can choose to download and transfer it to your device from a computer with a USB cable.
  • should the book be not in the Your Content and Devices list, check to make sure the order was completed in the Digital Orders section of Your Orders at Amazon;
  • if still a no-go, check if the Kindle's software needs updating.